Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 17 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed and divided
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 small onion, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cups tomatoes, chopped very finely
1 cup long grain white rice
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup scallion (green part), chopped
- Select the browning mode for an electric pressure cooker.
- In the pot of pressure cooker, heat the oil.
- Add shrimp and sprinkle with half of red pepper flakes, salt and black
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or till shrimp becomes pink.
- Transfer the shrimp into a bowl.
- Now, add onion, bell pepper and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapeño, remaining red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper
and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, rice and broth and stir to combine.
- Close the cooker by locking the lid.
- 10.Set the pressure cooker to high pressure. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- 11.Unplug the pressure cooker and by using the quick release method,
release the pressure.
- 12.Carefully, uncover the pressure cooker after valve drops completely.
- 13.Immediately, stir in cooked shrimp.
- 14.Close the cooker by locking the lid and let it stand for about 5 minutes
Nutrition: Calories: 453 Fat: 7.4g Sat Fat: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 48.9g Fiber: 3.4g
Sugar: 5.5g Protein: 45g