Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 28 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-pound lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, seeds removed then chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and grated
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt, to taste
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes with liquid
¼ cup canned tomato sauce
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup water
Pepper and salt
½ cup rolled oats
8 burger buns
- Select the sauté mode for an electric pressure cooker.
- In the pot of pressure cooker, heat the oil.
- Add beef and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side or till browned.
- Add bell peppers, onion and carrot and sauté for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except oats and buns and stir to combine.
- Place oats on top.
- Close the cooker by locking the lid.
- Set the pressure cooker on high pressure. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Unplug the pressure cooker and by using the natural release method,
release the pressure.
- Carefully, uncover the pressure cooker after valve drops completely.
- Now, select the simmer mode.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes or till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve the beef mixture in the buns.
Nutrition: Calories: 305 Fat: 7.7g Sat Fat: 2.2g Carbohydrates: 34.7g Fiber: 5.7g
Sugar: 7.1g Protein: 24.7g